Welcome to the Cape Wools Online Portal.
As a Wool Producer, you will be able to access the following services when registered:
- Perform a self-assessment to determine your readiness level by completing the Sustainable Cape Wool Standard questionnaire for sustainable wool production in South Africa.
- Request a Sustainable Cape Wool Standard assessment by an independent assessor.
- View your Clip Profile in terms of Total Mass Sold, Total Value Greasy, Total Value Clean, Micron, Yield, VM, Strength, CV of Length, CV of Micron, Average Bale Weight.
- Compare your clip data against that of your magisterial district, province and South Africa.
- View all of your wool sold at all available wool sales by all brokers. The US dollar is included, neutralizing the effect of currency.
You can also compare market indicators for South Africa and Australia, both in US dollar terms, for the specific sale.
- Obtain your Clip Performance Evaluation based on certain objective factors/values. Each lot within the clip will be scored and presented. The overall score will provide an indication of how well the clip is prepared for the market to optimize price.
- View your clip faults (if any) logged by the wool buyers.
- Do a What if analysis by changing the style, length and micron groups to get an indication what these types of wool sold for at the specific auction.
- Perform various selections. The result will be presented in a matrix based on .5-micron intervals and 10mm length intervals.
Non-producers can utilise the length and micron matrix to do various reports. If you do not have a producer number, provide your email address, and a producer number will be allocated on registration.
To register please provide your email address and producer number.